I already mentioned that I took a break early in the month due to work beginning anew but yeah, I did extend that break by another week. I just really want to take a breather and be sure that I can balance things out this time around, especially with the Fall 2019 anime season beginning in a few weeks. I’m getting back to the full swing of things this weekend but given the snail’s pace I’ve been at, I wanted to lay down a game plan of sorts. Admittedly, these plans have almost never turn out the way I hoped but I also don’t want to keep you in the dark on what I’m up to so screw it, here goes. If it works out, yay me! If not…eh, I’m used to it.
- 9/15 – Fall 2019 Season Preview
- 9/30 – Games Coming in October 2019
Dates subject to change.
School-Live! & Review Polls
During the break, I thought about what like I’d like to tackle first and there’s no doubt in my mind that it’s this series of episode reviews. Of all the unfinished business on this blog, this embarrasses me the most. No one seems to mind but I still feel extremely bad since reviewing School-Live! came about because of that stinking poll. Still, I really want to see this series to the end, especially since I’ve really enjoyed the first three episodes.
As for polls, I’m putting that whole concept on hold for now. I don’t want to say the original was a failed experiment. If anything, I thought it was exciting and a great way to gauge interest level on possible content. However, I don’t want to do another one unless I feel absolutely confident in pulling it off weekly and not feel stressed about letting anyone down.
That said, I would like to keep covering older anime so what I might do after School-Live! is watch and cover Yuki Yuna is a Hero. That show narrowly lost to School-Live! in the poll so I’ve kept that show for consideration ever since. In fact, it would’ve been up for voting again if I had actually managed to make polls a recurring thing this year. For the record, I’d only be watching the first season but if I like it enough, I’ll watch any subsequent materials after a month long break.
I’ve also considered covering Netflix’s release of Neon Genesis Evangelion. A handful of people liked the idea when I tweeted about it. Right now though, it’s a really big maybe. That has less to do with time and motivation and more just me not wanting to deal with even just one guy telling me in the comments that I don’t get the show.
To be honest, I’m just waiting for Fall 2019 to start so I refresh the review slate and go from there. That said, there’s some anime from the past three seasons that still tempts me so below is a brief list, ordered by priority. It’s a pretty sizable backlog and there’s probably some shows I’m forgetting to include. Realistically, I can’t get to all of them but who knows what the future will allow. I’m also open to suggestions over what to prioritize (it can be a show that isn’t on the list).
- Fire Force – Got pretty far in this one, it’s not a hard show to blog, and I believe it’s carrying over into Fall 2019 so I’d like to catch up on it.
- We Never Learn (Season 1) – Really enjoyed the first season and I would like to cover the second one when it premieres next month. I’d likely keep the first impressions post as is and continue on from there.
- Fruits Basket (2019) – Technically, I just need this done by the time Season 2 premieres. Ideally, I want to finish it by the end of the year. Talking about Fruits Basket has been so enjoyable too.
- Vinland Saga – I’d be content with just the “First Impressions” post but God, this show is so good. This is also carrying over Fall 2019 so if I want to play catch up, I better decide soon.
- Dororo (2019) – Don’t recall this helping much with site traffic but I really like the show and it’d be a shame to binge it “silently”.
- Mob Psycho 100 II – Had planned to write a review on Season 1 and cover Season 2 but never could get around to it. I’d still like to do it but that’ll really depend on free time.
- Danmachi II – Same deal as Mob.
Wow, it’s been almost a year since I put re-reviewing Princess Principal on hold…goddamn it, me. I still want finish this project in time for the movies (they’re still happening, right?) but there’s currently stuff that’s more “important” for me to tackle so I’m not in a rush right now. It’ll still happen though and I haven’t given up on the idea. I actually thought about getting around to Laid-Back Camp and finishing that first since the short series is premiering in January…but again, I have stuff I want to get to first.
Archive Organization and Curation
Still haven’t organized the Anime Archive or curate any posts. It’s hard to feel motivated to do that when I’m not even blogging at all. All I can say to this is that it’s still something I’m planning on doing.
Thanks for reading!
Consider Supporting My Blog:
Follow Me On: