Cutoff Date: 1/21/2020
Here’s an early and very brief look at how Winter 2020’s season of anime is doing for me. Nothing is ranked and commented on; that’s not until the midseason. And yes, I am late by a week. I guess this habit of mine is going to die hard. Thank goodness I came up with the cut off dates or I’d really struggle with the backlog.
Also, you’ll notice there’s a lot of shows on the list that I did not cover. I decided that trying to write a First Impressions for every show was too draining and it slows me down too much so I decided to de-emphasize that part of the blog. Once a show airs its second episode, I don’t bother anymore (Somali and the Forest Spirit ended up being a special exception). Granted, I wasn’t expecting to write so little this month but it is what it is. Life keeps you busy, you know? If anyone really wants to know my thoughts on anything, they’re welcome to ask in the comments.
- Asteroid in Love (Ep. 3)
- BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. (Ep. 2)
- The Case Files of Jeweler Richard (Ep. 2)
- Darwin’s Game (Ep. 3)
- Hatena Illusion (Ep. 2)
- In/Spectre (Ep. 2)
- Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (Ep. 3)
- Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story (Ep. 3)
- Nekopara (Ep. 2)
- Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga (Ep. 2)
- Pet (Ep. 3)
- Room Camp (Ep. 3)
- Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It (Ep. 4)
- Smile Down the Runway (Ep. 2)
- Somali and the Forest Spirit (Ep. 2)
- Sorcerous Stabber Oprhen (Ep. 3)
- Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun (Ep. 2)
- 22/7 (Ep. 1)
- A Destructive God Sits Next to Me (Ep. 1)
- ARP Backstage Pass (Ep. 1)
- ID:INVADED (Ep. 4)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made it to the Bodokan, I Would Die (Ep. 1)
- Infinite Dendogram (Ep. 1)
- Interspecies Reviewers (Ep. 1)
- number24 (Ep. 2)
- Plunderer (Ep. 1)
- Seton Academy: Join the Pack! (Ep. 1)
- Uchitama?! Have you seem my Tama? (Ep. 2)
See you all in the midseason. Hopefully it’ll be on time too!
Thanks for reading!