As mentioned before, catch up has been tricky due to lost time and work so I’m doing a couple of Quickies. Although maybe in the case of this stinking show, cutting down on the brainpower is a good thing.
- So glad that they provided an opening narration explaining the war…at the ninth episode.
- Here’s one scene I will praise: Asuka’s reunion with Mia and Tamara. Asuka laments how politics have drifted them apart and can’t help but cry for joy to work with them again. Mia is touched but tries to hide it. Tamara acts professional but is visibly happy. You really get a good sense of their camaraderie here. If only the rest of this stupid episode had moments like this.
- Giess is totally going to die, right? No way, Chisato’s feelings towards him will go fulfilled.
- I kind of like the idea behind Tamara sleeping with giant plushies so that she can better sleep off the stress of being a Magical Girl but the whole “serious girl has a soft spot for cute stuff” is such an overused cliche.
- Tamara saying that Asuka was cute when she cried undermines the emotional intent of their reunion.
- Apparently, Tamara’s sister and Asuka are separate people. I think? It’d be nice if they actually showed her damn sister. Also, why does almost every character want to fuck Asuka?
- How have Tamara and Kurumi not competed for Asuka’s heart? Kurumi, you need to pay more attention to your teammates.
- You could probably do something riveting with Tabira being a mentor and surrogate mother for the magical girls but no, let’s have her shove Asuka into her giant boobs because that shit is “funny”.
- For a military base guarding the one dimensional bridge connected to the spirit world, it sure has some pretty standard security.
- Wouldn’t it make more sense for Kurumi to be out in the battlefield, tending to the wounded? I know she can heal Tabira if the latter gets injured but those soldiers are out there keeping the enemies are bay. Go out and heal them, damn it.
- Wow, Sayako and Nozomi just have the worst luck ever. That said, I’m curious to see if this show will actually have the balls to kill them off.
I’m still frustrated with Spec-Ops but really, what else is new?
Thanks for reading!
Watch Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka on Crunchyroll or Funimation.
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episode Reviews Archive
Consider supporting my blog via:
One thought on “Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka – Ep. 9”
“For a military base guarding the one dimensional bridge connected to the spirit world, it sure has some pretty standard security.”
Yah, that really burned me too… As I said over on Crow’s World… They’ve got a VVIP present – and nobody was on hair trigger alert? WTF?
LikeLiked by 1 person