Let’s just get this over with:
- This episode gets off to a great start by interrupting the intense action with a new member of the Babel Brigade getting a massage. Because why not.
- Sachuu fires his guns for a scene. My prayer has been answered.
- I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m actually disappointed we didn’t get the BDSM-themed cat fight between Kurumi and Chisato like I thought we would. Tell me it’s not a cop out when Chisato turns her whip into bandages.
- Frankly, I’m convinced Kurumi kind of sucks as a magical girl. I know CQC isn’t her specialty but how many fights has this girl either lost or nearly lost at this point? At least, she got a win for a change.
- The ideological conflict of Kurumi and Chisato’s fight feels more one sided than it should. I expected them to recognize how similar they are but instead, it’s just Kurumi triggered.
- Asuka conceding to Giess that magical girls can’t truly solve all the world’s problem…actually raises a really interesting point about the heroism of magical girls. I swear, all the good material just ends up with this girl.
- Okay, I’ll admit that Iizuka firing at Giess with a mere assault rifle and handing over the magical axe to Asuka was pretty badass. You successfully pulled off one cool moment, Spec-Ops.
- The twist that the Babel Brigade killed Chisato’s mother all along is a great slap in the face to Chisato. Too bad it’s immediately followed with the image of Chisato chained in the most compromising position imaginable. Just once, I wish this show would stop having its cake and eating it too.
- The sad thing is that Tabira is instantly more likable as a talking animal. Why didn’t they just go with that? Oh wait, I probably know why.
- Make Sayako a magical girl, you fools!
- Maybe because I just happened to really like Asuka but seeing her hug Mia and Tamara after the battle surprisingly worked as a scene. I just wish we got to see more interactions involving these three.
- Come to think of it, is Peipei ever going to show up? We have one episode left!
Thanks for reading!
Consider Supporting My Blog:
Follow Me On: