Let’s just jump in, shall we?
- 6/15 – Summer 2020 Season Preview
- 6/30 – Spring 2020 Final Rankings
There will be at least one series review but I haven’t set any dates on anything of the like.
I made a separate post on this but the winner of the second poll is Flip Flappers so that will be added into my lineup of Episode Reviews for the Summer 2020 season. The first review will be up on June 20, taking School-Live‘s place for Saturdays. There will be a two week hiatus in July to accommodate for the Summer 2020 premieres (however many there are).
In hindsight, I think I posted the poll a bit too early. I needed the results before Summer starts but I should’ve lined it up closer to my chosen start date (which I figured out after I posted the poll on Twitter). Something to keep in mind if I get around to a third poll.
- Angel Beats! – Nearly the end of the TV series though I will be covering “Another Epilogue” and the two OVAs afterwards so I won’t truly be done until sometime in July. Probably will apply the same two-week break to this review series as well.
- School-Live! – Ends on June 13th. Having enjoyed the anime, I am considering to pick up and review the manga though there’s some issues such as covering by chapter versus by volume and cost (those volume prices add up).
- Yuki Yuna is a Hero (Season 1) – Ends on June 14th. As for Season 2…watch this space…
- Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Side Story – Still took my sweet time but I finally hit the resume button on this. I don’t have a designated day for this. The reviews will just come out whenever they’re ready. I just hope to be done before Season 2 premieres (assuming I’ll want to cover Season 2).
- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? – My original plan was write a series review for Season 2 this month so I can cover Season 3 in July. However, it’s recently been announced that Season 3 has been pushed to Fall 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. So now I’m considering to review Season 2 in episode reviews, both to fill in the void but also to make up for my negligence in 2019. Still thinking on this one.
- Violet Evergarden – Didn’t get around to Eternity and the Auto Memory last month. The reason is because I want to rewatch the TV series first and I haven’t gotten around to it as I’m juggling between seasonal anime and binges. A review will happen, just don’t know when.
- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai – In regards to the movie, same deal as Violet Evergarden.
2017-2019 Catch-Up and Top 20 Lists
I ended up deciding against the whole Summer 2020 Contingency thingy. There ended up being some logistical problems with the concept. One, that’d be a lot of writing and I’ve been playing it safe with my output to avoid hitting burnout. Two, if I kept picking shows I think I might like, there’s a good chance I’d be watching all of my picks and that’s not how I approach anime seasons at all.
In lieu of that, I decided to round out my backlog for the years pertaining to this blog (2017 to 2019) so I can finally do some Top 20 lists. Currently going through stuff from 2017. You may even see some series reviews on the shows I end up finishing. I’d love for at least the 2017 list to be out by the end of the year but this catch up is obviously going to be slow, on and off process.
Still no word on Crown Handler so I haven’t gotten around to finishing the Princess Principal re-reviews. Plus, I still don’t know if I want crank them out in anticipation for Crown Handler‘s release. I have been considering to just write them during the Summer season but I don’t know, I’d like to do them when there’s a fitting opportunity. That said, I am thinking about putting some work into the re-reviews in advance while I got the time to spare. Might help in the long run if the window I choose happens to be a busy season.
Meanwhile, The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 has been delayed to January 2021 so if I want to re-review Season 1, it’ll be during Fall 2020 alongside Laid-Back Camp Season 1.
I added an archive page for my First Impressions. I don’t plan on ever getting rid of the category but this is just an alternative for anyone visiting this blog. Right now, I’ve only listed the First Impressions I’ve written this year and for shows I covered in the past (those were the easiest links to copy and paste lol) but it will eventually include every First Impression.
Added screencaps to my First Impressions for Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater and Sing “Yesterday” for Me. Actually had a bunch of files that I intended to curate and then add when I have the time. I also found unused files for my Fire Force and Asteroid in Love First Impressions so I’ll add them as well.
To repeat what I said in last month’s Hopes and Dreams, I’ll be making new screencaps for Violet Evergarden as I rewatch it for Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll. Again, I’d be down to give every show I’ve covered that kind of treatment but that would take up a lot of time. Right now, it’ll just be shows I’m revisiting so that I can try out the material I haven’t seen yet.
Thanks for reading!